Populære kategorierAdministrativ ledelseHR ManagerPersonalarbeid/RekrutteringFoU naturvitenskap og teknikkFoU samf.vitenskap og humanistiske fagAnnetLege/TannlegePsykiatri- og psykologitjenesterSosialtjenesterSykepleie- og omsorgstjenesterAnnetTransportmidler / Maskiner og utstyrBygg og anleggSamferdselAnnetUtvikling av infrastruktur og maskinvareAnnetForretningsutvikling/StrategiJuridiske tjenesterOrganisasjonsutviklingHelse/SosialKirke / Undervisning / ForskningKonsulentOffentlige lederstillingerAnnetLandtransportLogistikk / LagerTransporttilknyttede tjenesterAnnetUniversitet/HøgskoleAnnetRevisjonØkonomi/Finans
Director of Governance and Finance Section NORCAP
Are you a senior governance and finance executive ready to apply your skills where it matters the most?
As part of the Norwegian Refugee Council, NORCAP solves challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships, promote more effective ways of working and provide skilled experts to develop capacity. Since 1991 NORCAP has provided expertise to approximately 10,000 missions across the globe.
We work with and through our partners to address challenges via three core activities:
- We develop partnerships with regional and global organisations and national stakeholders. We believe working together in a coordinated and sustainable manner is the best way to reduce needs, risks and vulnerability over time.
- We seek and promote more effective ways of working at the global level and in the field. Our aim is not only to reduce needs, but also to create choice and opportunity for vulnerable people.
- We deploy skilled experts to develop our partner’s capacity. Given their independence from agendas and interests of the organisations they are deployed to, our experts are well placed to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches.
Governance and Finance section (NORCAP)
The Governance and Finance section (NORCAP) is accountable for:
- leading finance processes across the department
- supporting and coordinating NORCAP’s strategy, budget and action plans
- providing frameworks for coordinating, monitoring and reporting on results
- developing robust governance, support and coordination processes and systems
- the department’s delivery on the strategy and financial reporting requirements
- developing a monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure accountability and learning to continuously improve the quality, efficiency and impact of NORCAP’s operations
Role and responsibilities
- Overall leadership and line management of relevant staff in the section
- Budget responsibility for the section
- Project management and business development, including overall budget responsibility for projects managed by the section
- Develop, follow up and report on NORCAP global strategy and action plans in line with NORCAP strategic direction and governance system
- Drive and facilitate internal NORCAP processes: develop, follow up and report on strategy and plan of action
- Accountable for the development and implementation of an appropriate governance system (including overall processes, procedures and frameworks) across NORCAP
- Accountable for the overall financial overview of NORCAP and its financial tools and templates
- Drive and support financial processes across NORCAP (such as the budgeting process and monitoring and reporting of financial results)
- Accountable for compliance with policies and guidelines
- Responsible for overall staffing plans in the Department, including staff resource allocation
- Accountable for the development and management of the NORCAP brand and provide support to the Executive Director when it comes to external communication towards key target groups, including partners and the general public
For more information about the role, please access the Job Description
We are searching for candidates with:
- Relevant higher education
- Documented experience, with minimum 5 years from relevant senior management/leadership level within the fields of organisational development and finance
- Demonstrated experience in organisational development, project management, planning and budget processes
- Professional knowledge of management and leadership
- Demonstrated ability and experience representing at executive levels internally and externally
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Strong knowledge of standard ICT systems and tools
- Knowledge and expertise in both the humanitarian and development sector is an advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Norwegian and English, other languages are an advantage
We can offer:
- We can offer a strongly committed, challenging and international work environment in a large, world-renowned humanitarian organisation.
- The position is a full-time, permanent position at our Head Office in modern locations in central Oslo.
- Salary by agreement, good pension and insurance schemes.
For more information about the role, please contact Executive Director NORCAP, Benedicte Giæver, mob +47 905 50 121 / Benedicte.Giaever@nrc.no
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
Søknadsfrist: 30. april 2021.Søk her
Fakta om stillingen
- Flyktninghjelpen - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Kategori: Administrasjon / Kontor / Personal/Administrativ ledelse
- Kategori: Offentlige tj. / Forvaltning/Bistand
- Kategori: Interesseorganisasjoner/Ideelle organisasjoner
- Kategori: Interesseorganisasjoner/Internasjonale organisasjoner
- Kategori: Økonomi / Regnskap/Økonomi/Finans
- 30. april 2021.